Montego Glover (born February 9, 1974) is an American stage actress and singer. She has been nominated for the Tony Award for Best Actress in a Musical for her role in the musical Memphis and won the Drama Desk Award for Outstanding Actress in a Musical.
Life and career
Glover was born in Macon, Georgia and raised in Chattanooga, Tennessee. She attended the Chattanooga School for the Arts & Sciences and then attended Florida State University, Tallahassee, Florida, where she graduated with a Bachelor of Fine Arts in Music Theatre with Honors. Glover sang in church choirs "for as long as I can remember".
She has performed on Broadway in the musical Memphis as Felicia. Glover received a nomination for the Tony Award for Best Performance by a Leading Actress in a Musical for her performance. Additionally, she won the Drama Desk Award for Outstanding Actress in a Musical (in a tie with Catherine Zeta-Jones). She displays a "rich, rangy and emotionally powerful voice in several standout numbers" according to Playbill. Montego has been with Memphis since it started, including four regional productions and appears in the live filming of the musical, Memphis: Direct from Broadway.
Her Broadway debut was as an understudy for Celie and Nettie in the musical The Color Purple.
She also guest starred on the USA Network show, White Collar in the episode Judgement Day.
- Dreamgirls - Special Benefit Concert, September 24, 2001*
- Aida - Music Theatre of Wichita, August 2005
- The Color Purple - Broadway, Understudy and Replacement, March 2007
- Memphis - Broadway, "Felicia", October 19, 2009
- Memphis: Direct from Broadway - Film, April 28, 2011
- "Made in Jersey" - TV Show, Aired December 1, 2012
- It Shoulda Been You - Broadway, 2015
- Les Misérables - Broadway, 2015
- Montego Glover Official Web Site
- Montego Glover at the Internet Broadway Database
- Montego Glover at the Internet Movie Database